Posted by Carole
Pleasure is good for the mood and the body and we should allow ourselves to enjoy things we like on regular basis even if it’s a yummy dessert that is not necessarily good for our figure. Can you imagine a life where you only eat chia seeds, salad and an apple for desert? I personally can’t and don’t even want to! So today I’ll give you a recipe for one dreamy chocolatey dessert: a Chocolate Mousse, which has nothing to do with a buy-it-ready mousse!
Indeed, if you’re going to indulge in a dessert you’d better prepare it yourself and here’s why
- There will only be natural ingredients in your recipe making it a much healthier option
- You’ll be able to control the amount of fat and sugar in your preparation
- You’ll feel proud about yourself and will make your entourage happy and grateful
- Last but not least, your dessert will taste so much better, I guarantee you that!
I also need to add that this chocolate mousse is a very easy and quick dessert to prepare (15 minutes max), like any other recipes suggested on this blog because we’re all about enjoyment and pleasure!
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 75 g of dark chocolate
- 75 g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a pan on low heat and add the chocolate and 2 table spoons of water. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and smooth then remove from the heat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites and reserve.
- Add the egg yolks one by one to the melted chocolate and keep whisking until the preparation is smooth and velvety.
- In a large bowl add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- When the egg whites are very firm, add the sugar and gently blend then add the chocolate and mix carefully to keep the firmness of the whisked egg whites intact.
- Place in the refrigerator before eating as the mousse is best served cold!
Tip: Use a syphon to give a cloud-like texture to your mousse or serve as is if you enjoy your mousse creamy and unctuous.
Tip 2: Add half of shot of expresso to your preparation to enhance the chocolatey flavor or the zest of an orange for a fruity kick!
Thanks for reading! Like and leave a comment below if you enjoyed reading this article and if you would like to share your own recipes with us!