Posted by Carole
It’s summer time in Europe and what better way to enjoy the warm weather than what we call “l’appéro” in France, a special moment before dinner where everybody is sipping on a drink and feasting on tasty snacks.
As enjoyable as it is, l’appéro is not the healthiest eating habit as it often involves caloric drinks and food – hello spritz and crisps!
So today I want to give you a skinny beetroot mousse recipe that is extremely easy and quick to prepare (no more than 2 minutes!) while being a healthier snacking option than pretzels, cheese biscuits or charcuterie! It’s also a stylish “amuse-bouche” that will add some colour to your aperitif and change from the usual carrot and celery sticks.
- Cooked beetroots
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grapeseed oil
Dice the beetroot in cubes, add the grapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar (approximately one table spoon per beetroot), the salt and pepper and blend until you obtain a creamy texture, then pour it in shot glasses.
Dice some cucumber in small cubes (or slice it) and place on top of your beetroot mousse, add some pepper and serve very cold.
Tip: For a creamier and more savoury snack, you can add goat’s cheese to your preparation and sprinkle goat’s cheese and pistachios crumbles on top of your mousse.
Thank you for reading and bon appétit!
Posted by Carole
Pleasure is good for the mood and the body and we should allow ourselves to enjoy things we like on regular basis even if it’s a yummy dessert that is not necessarily good for our figure. Can you imagine a life where you only eat chia seeds, salad and an apple for desert? I personally can’t and don’t even want to! So today I’ll give you a recipe for one dreamy chocolatey dessert: a Chocolate Mousse, which has nothing to do with a buy-it-ready mousse!
Indeed, if you’re going to indulge in a dessert you’d better prepare it yourself and here’s why
- There will only be natural ingredients in your recipe making it a much healthier option
- You’ll be able to control the amount of fat and sugar in your preparation
- You’ll feel proud about yourself and will make your entourage happy and grateful
- Last but not least, your dessert will taste so much better, I guarantee you that!
I also need to add that this chocolate mousse is a very easy and quick dessert to prepare (15 minutes max), like any other recipes suggested on this blog because we’re all about enjoyment and pleasure!
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 75 g of dark chocolate
- 75 g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a pan on low heat and add the chocolate and 2 table spoons of water. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and smooth then remove from the heat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites and reserve.
- Add the egg yolks one by one to the melted chocolate and keep whisking until the preparation is smooth and velvety.
- In a large bowl add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- When the egg whites are very firm, add the sugar and gently blend then add the chocolate and mix carefully to keep the firmness of the whisked egg whites intact.
- Place in the refrigerator before eating as the mousse is best served cold!
Tip: Use a syphon to give a cloud-like texture to your mousse or serve as is if you enjoy your mousse creamy and unctuous.
Tip 2: Add half of shot of expresso to your preparation to enhance the chocolatey flavor or the zest of an orange for a fruity kick!
Thanks for reading! Like and leave a comment below if you enjoyed reading this article and if you would like to share your own recipes with us!